Choose your insurance coverage
|1||1.13 USD per day|
|2||1.36 USD per day|
|3||.42 USD per day|
Loss of Personal Belongings (only covered if additional premium has been paid to Us)
We will pay You up to the amount stated in the Benefit Table in relation to Loss of Personal Belongings if Your Personal Belongings are lost or stolen less a consideration, if applicable, for wear, tear and depreciation.
For benefits to be payable under this section:
- You must ensure that any Valuables are locked in a suitable sized safe or safety deposit box provided by Your accommodation provider, or if safe or safety deposit box are not available, in Your locked accommodation and there is evidence that entry into the accommodation was effected by violent and forcible means
- You must report the theft of Your Personal Belongings or Luggage to the Police (and the hotel management if it is stolen in a hotel) as soon as is reasonably practicable and an written report is obtained from the appropriate authorities and provided by You to Us.
- You must provide proof of ownership of any Valuables.
- You must provide proof of purchase of replacement items of clothing or toiletries.
- Any loss or damage occurring in the custody of an airline or other transport carrier must be reported immediately upon discovery and in the case of an airline a Property Irregularity Report must be obtained by You and provided to Us.
- You must take all reasonable precautions for the safety of any insured article.
- We are entitled to take and keep possession of any valuable and to manage all aspects of any salvage in a reasonable manner. .
- We will decide, based on our own opinion, whether we repair or replace any valuable for which a benefit it paid to You under this section. .
The following exclusions apply to Loss of Personal Belongings:
We shall not be liable for any expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- Any amount within the Deductible, as shown in the Benefits Table.
Any Personal Belongings stolen from an Unattended vehicle unless
- They were In the locked boot of the vehicle or concealed by a parcel shelf in the fixed position in a hatchback or estate vehicle or in the case of campervans and motorhomes locked away and out of public view.
- There is evidence that entry was affected by violent and forcible means.
- Other than between the hours of 8.00pm and 8.00am.
- Any Valuables stolen from an Unattended vehicle.
- Any Valuables left unattended by You in Your accommodation if the accommodation is left unlocked or the valuables were not left in a suitable sized safe or safety deposit box. However, this exclusion will not apply If a suitable sized safe or safe deposit box was not available and there is evidence that entry into the accommodation was effected by violent and forcible means.
- Loss of or damage to Valuables contained in baggage whilst such baggage is in the custody of an airline or other carrier and outside Your control.
- Loss or corruption of or damage to software, information or data contained in any computer, tapes or recording equipment or any consequential loss arising there from
Loss or damage due to:
- Moth, vermin, wear and tear, atmospheric or climatic conditions or gradual deterioration.
- Inherent mechanical or electrical failure, breakdown or derangement.
- Any process of cleaning, restoring, repairing or alteration.
- More than a reasonable proportion of the total value of a pair or set where the lost or damaged article is part of a pair or set.
- Loss of or damage to pedal or motor cycles, watercraft, prams, buggies, pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- Loss of or damage to stamps, documents (other than Passports), contact or corneal lenses, dentures, hearing-aids, fragile articles or business goods and samples.
- Loss due to confiscation or detention by customs or any other authority.
- Loss of or damage to sports equipment whilst in use.
- Any article more specifically insured or recoverable under any other insurance.
Loss or damage to mobile phones or lap tops or tablets or other similar devices arising from any coverage under the manufacturer’s warranty or, unexplained disappearance or, any loss of airtime or, loss or damage due to moisture or, superficial damage due to chipping or cracking screen or damage due to any theft not reported to the police within 24 hours.
Pre-Trip Cancellation (only covered if additional premium has been paid to Us)
We will pay the up to the amount stated in the Benefit Table for loss to You of deposits, or charges, or advance payments for travel or accommodation or other charges which have not or will not be used, but which become forfeit or payable under contract if You are forced to cancel Your arrangements as the direct and necessary result of Your Accidental Bodily Injury or Illness or the death or Accidental Injury or Illness of Your Partner, Dependents or Close Relative.
The additional Benefit can only be purchased 120 days prior to the Effective Date shown on Your Certificate of Insurance.
The following exclusions apply to Pre-Trip Cancellation:
We will not be liable for any expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- Any charges payable by the tour operator, hotel, airline or other carrier.
- Any surcharges levied by the tour operator that increase the brochure prices.
- Any losses arising from Your failure or delay in notifying the travel agent, tour operator or provider of service immediately it may be necessary to cancel Your travel arrangements.
- Any loss arising from Your financial failure, insolvency, bankruptcy or default or the Participating Organization, the travel agent, tour operator or organizer, accommodation provider or carrier.
- Your disinclination to travel.
- Any Cancellation due to Accident or Illness that has not been confirmed as being Medically Necessary by a Physician.
- The Pre-existing Medical Condition of Your Dependent or Close Relative before they purchased this Policy or the condition could have reasonably been expected to result in sudden deterioration in their health or their death or they had been given terminal prognoses.
- If You are called as an expert witness or Your occupation normally requires their attendance at court.
You being aware at the time of purchasing this Policy of any reason why You might cancel.